Winthrop University: Records & Registration - Registration FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions


    Contact the IT Helpdesk at 803-323-2400 with any username or password problems. Wingspan is compatible with recent versions of most popular web browsers, including Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.

    If you have a hold on your account, you will need to contact the appropriate office and make arrangements with them to have it removed. Offices that often place holds:
    Student Financial Services,
    Health Services, or
    Records and Registration,
    Academic Success Center,
    Dean of Students ("Not Anymore"), or 

    What offices can I contact for help? 
    For problems regarding Financial Aid, call (803) 323-2189 or send an email to
    For problems regarding your Account Balance, call (803) 323-2165 or send an email to 
    For problems or comments regarding Student Records, Registration, grades or Personal Info, call (803) 323-2194 or send an e-mail to

    Registration for Spring 2021 began on November 10, 2020. Registration for Summer 2021 will begin March 24, 2021.  Undergraduates, check the online Time Assignment Chart for registration details.

    All registration is done via Wingspan, under the Student tab and Registration menu.

    You may make changes to your schedule until the end of the add/drop period.

    If you miss your scheduled time, you may register any time after that time. 

    All degree-seeking students must meet with an advisor prior to registration for fall or spring semesters.  Advising is not required to register for summer session courses. If you do not get advised, you will not be able to register. Your advisor must confirm your advising through their Wingspan account.

    You will need to get the permission of the appropriate Department Chair. Click here for the override request site.

    If you are an undergraduate student and have a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the end of the semester, you may register for up to 21 hours. If you do not have a 3.0, you must file an undergraduate petition (pdf file). Students who are in their last semester prior to graduation may obtain permission from their dean to overload. Graduate students must have the approval of their academic dean. The overload form can be found here.

    Students who do not pay their fees or make payment arrangements through the Cashier's office are subject to having their schedules dropped.  For more information, visit the  Cashier's office website.

Last Updated: 1/13/21