Image 01 Image 02 Image 03 Image 04 Image 05 Image 06
Virtual Tour
Building Tour header photo
Johnson Hall - 1920
1920 Alumni Drive
wireless symbol
Johnson Hall 1
Johnson Hall 2Johnson Hall 3Johnson Hall 4Johnson Hall 1

Johnson Hall, named for founding president David Bancroft Johnson, was constructed with funds from oil magnate and philanthropist John D. Rockefeller, the YWCA, and the state legislature. Built in the Classical Revival style, it originally housed offices for students, the YWCA, and literary societies. The building was renovated and expanded in 1993 and remains one of the premier performance facilities in the South.

Interesting Features:

  • Johnson Theatre (331-seat proscenium theatre)
  • Johnson Studio Theatre
  • Two professional-quality dance studios
  • Dunlap-Roddey Board of Trustees Room
  • Theatre & dance computer lab
  • Two Mac labs